This 7 Day gorilla trekking safari offers a thrilling experience to track gorillas not once but twice in Parc National Des Volcans Rwanda. This park is home to 10 gorilla families which we will encounter during the trail. Local communities which neighbor the Volcanoes National Park are also an attraction where we engage in traditional music and dance while wearing the traditional attire. From here proceed to Lake Kivu and enjoy a boat ride then Visit DR Congo boarder of Goma. Nyungwe National Park is our next stop whose attractions include; Canopy walk, Primates tracking, birding.
The Price Includes:
– Return flights
– All airport transfers and assistance
– Accommodation on safari on Full board basis
– Private transport in a 4×4 tourist converted jeeps
– Services of an English speaking driver-guides
– Compulsory Emergency Evacuation Service
– Visit to the Genocide memorial museum and Butare National Museum.
– Chimp permit(quoted separately)
– Gorilla permit(quoted separately)
– Bottled drinking water while trekking and in vehicle
– All taxes on the services quoted above
The Price excludes:
– Meals and beverages, other than specified.
– Passport and visa fees and service charges for obtaining visas.
– Excess baggage charges levied by airlines.
– Gratuities to driver/guides and other conveyance attendants.
– Laundry and other items of a personal nature such drinks, telephone calls ETC
– Personal, baggage, Accident and Trip Cancellation/Interruption insurance.
– Cost for anything not specifically mentioned in the inclusions listing above.
NB: Gorilla Permits US$1500 & Chimps permit US$90 per permit per person are not included in the per person costs above.
Day 1: Arrival, Transfer to Volcanoes National park
Upon arrival at Kigali Airport, our representative will transfer you to Kigali for a city tour to genocide memorial museum after which we shall proceed to Volcanoes National Park; the home to Mountain Gorillas. The journey takes you through the beautiful terraced hillsides that characterize much of Rwanda’s landscape. Overnight at the lodge.
Day 2: Gorilla Tracking
After an early morning breakfast depart for gorilla trekking with packed lunch. Assemble at the park headquarters for a briefing about the ‘Dos’ and ‘Don’ts’ during the trail. Depending on the level of fitness, you may be asked to choose the group you wish to trek with. The trek is demanding, as it involves a 2-8 hours hike on steep and slippery mountain trails. Descend to the lodge for a rest. Spent the rest of the evening at leisure. Overnight at the lodge.
Day 3: Second Gorilla Trekking
This day is another chance to enjoy the experience with the mountain gorillas. You can choose to hike with a different group, or visit the same gorilla family. Volcanoes National Park Rwanda is currently home to 10 gorilla families. The rest of the evening is spend at leisure. Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Day 4: Third Gorilla Trekking, transfer to Lake Kivu (1-2hrs)
After breakfast proceed for a third and final gorilla trek in Volcanoes national park. In the afternoon, return to the lodge for lunch and transfer to Gisenyi on the shores of Lake Kivu. Take a boat ride to the Hot springs, relax on the beach in the evening. Overnight at the lodge/Hotel.
Day 5: Transfer to Nyungwe National Park, home to 13 Primate Species
Have breakfast and head to Nyungwe National park which is located in south western Rwanda. This park is home to 13 primate species and about 350 bird’s species. We have two options when connecting to Nyungwe forest: either by road with beautiful view of Lake Kivu or by boat to Kibuye near DR Congo boarder where a vehicle will pick and drop you at the Lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 6: Chimpanzee and Colobus Monkey trekking Expedition
Enter Nyungwe forest for Chimpanzee tracking after an early breakfast. During the trek, we will encounter species of Angolan colobus monkey, Golden monkeys and Grey cheeked Mangabeys, l’hoest’s monkey, blue monkey and Owl faced colobus monkey as well as many bird species. After lunch we can either go for colobus monkey tracking or forest walk to the water falls or canopy walk adventure. Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Day 7: Departure
Depart for Kigali after breakfast with an enroute visit to the Genocide memorial museum followed by a stop in Butare town for lunch. Later, visit the National Museum. After this visit proceed to the airport for your return flight.