This 5 Day safari will take you for a gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park as well as chimpanzee tracking in Nyungwe National Park. This park is also home to other primate species including Angolan colobus monkey, Golden monkeys and Grey cheeked Mangabeys, l’hoest’s monkey, blue monkey and Owl faced colobus monkey as well as many bird species. The tour ends in Kigali.
The Price Includes:
– Return flights
– All airport transfers and assistance
– Accommodation in Kigali on Bed and Breakfast
– Accommodation on safari on Full board basis
– Private transport in a 4×4 tourist converted jeeps
– Services of an English speaking driver-guides
– Compulsory Emergency Evacuation Service
– Visit to the Kings Palace and Butare National Museum.
– Chimp permit(quoted separately)
– Gorilla permit(quoted separately)
– Bottled drinking water while trekking and in vehicle
– All taxes on the services quoted above
The Price excludes:
– Meals and beverages, other than specified.
– Passport and visa fees and service charges for obtaining visas.
– Excess baggage charges levied by airlines.
– Gratuities to driver/guides and other conveyance attendants.
– Laundry and other items of a personal nature such drinks, telephone calls ETC
– Personal, baggage, Accident and Trip Cancellation/Interruption insurance.
– Cost for anything not specifically mentioned in the inclusions listing above.
NB: Gorilla Permits US$1500 & Chimps permit US$90 per permit per person are not included in the per person costs above.
Day 1: Kigali- Nyungwe National Park
On your arrival at Kigali International Airport, you will be met by our representative who will transfer you to Nyungwe forest National Park. Drive south east, with visits to the Murambi genocide memorial site and Nyanza King’s palace. Dinner and overnight the Lodge.
Day 2: Chimps Tracking and Canopy Walk
After breakfast, you will assemble at the Nyungwe Forest Park offices to be briefed on the chimpanzee tracking expedition. Along the trek you will come across other wildlife species like velvert monkeys, baboons, among others. Enjoy a full hour with the chimpanzees observing their behavior and taking pictures before returning to the starting point for your journey back to the lodge. In the afternoon, depart for a guided Canopy walk. Dinner and overnight the Lodge.
Day 3: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
Proceed to Volcanoes National Park in Musanze province after breakfast. The breathtaking views of the rolling hills and green vegetation are our back drop as we head to the Park.
Dinner and overnight at the Lodge.
Day 4: Mountain Gorilla Trekking and Iby’wacu Cultural Center
Have an early morning breakfast and assemble at the Kinigi park offices for morning briefing on the trekking guidelines after which we begin the trekking. Normally, it takes about 30 minutes to several hours to encounter the mountain gorillas. Enjoy an hour with them before returning to the starting point where Certificates of Participation are issued before retrieving to our lodge for lunch. Later in the afternoon, proceed to the Iby’wacu Cultural tour for a clearer understanding of the Rwandese Culture. Dinner and overnight at the Lodge.
Day 5: Return to Kigali and Departure
After breakfast depart for Kigali. Once in Kigali, engage in a City Tour, visiting the Gisozi Genocide Memorial Site, National Museum and many other exceptional tourist centers within the city before drop off at the airport for departure flight.